The NBA Playoffs have been keeping basketball fans at the edge of their seats. Fans had everything: a competitive season, an exhilarating first round, and a nerve-wracking conference semi-final that has just ended. There is only one more round before the ultimate winner is announced, and the nerves are starting to pile up. In this round, we’ll find out who will be the conference finalist and who will be fighting for the title of NBA champion!
In this article, we’ll cover what happened in the conference semi-finals. You’ll be up to speed with results and some highlights, in case you haven’t been watching the games. Then, we’ll give you all the information you need to know about the conference finals. Who will be playing? When will the matches take place? You can find out by reading the full article.
Who will play the conference semi-finals?
Alright, alright — we won’t keep you waiting for long! Here are the teams who will be going up one against the other for the opportunity to be the 2018 NBA champion.
The title of Eastern Conference winner will be fought between the Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
At the same time, the Houston Rockets and the Golden State Warriors will be playing for Western Conference winner.
Fans will be delighted with this third round of the competition. The teams playing are so good — there’s a reason why they got this far! They’ll get to see some of the best basketball athletes in the country show off their skills while representing their team.
What happened at the Conference Semifinals?
To better understand why these are the teams in the Conference finals, let’s take a look at what happened during the second round.
The Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Toronto Raptors by a staggering 4-0, moving on to the next round. The Canadian team put up a fight, but they ultimately couldn’t beat LeBron James’s team from Ohio.
– Game 1: Cleveland 113, Toronto 112
– Game 2: Cleveland 128, Toronto 110
– Game 3: Cleveland 105, Toronto 103
– Game 4: Cleveland 128, Toronto 93
LeBron James dumbfounded fans by scoring the final two points that gave them the 3rd game victory as the buzzer went off. This made fans Cleveland hysterical and Raptors supporters frustrated
Next up, the Boston Celtics tried to crush the Philadelphia 76ers — and they succeeded. While the 76ers ended the fourth game on a hopeful note, the Massachusetts team was stronger on the court.
– Game 1: Boston 117, Philadelphia 101
– Game 2: Boston 108, Philadelphia 103
– Game 3: Boston 101, Philadelphia 98
– Game 4: Philadelphia 103, Boston 92
– Game 5: Boston 114, Philadelphia 112
Fighting in the first bracket in the west were the Houston Rockets and Utah Jazz. After five games, the team from Texas proved to be the most deserving and went forward to the Conference Finals.
– Game 1: Huston 110, Utah 96
– Game 2: Utah 116, Houston 108
– Game 3: Houston 113, Utah 92
– Game 4: Houston 100, Utah 87
– Game 5: Houston 112, Utah 102
Finally, the last teams on the run for a chance to be crowned 2018 NBA champion were the Golden State Warriors and the New Orleans Pelicans. The San Francisco team ended up going through to the next round after beating the Pelicans.
– Game 1: Golden State 123, New Orleans 101
– Game 2: Golden State 121, New Orleans 116
– Game 3: New Orleans 119, Golden State 100
– Game 4: Golden State 118, New Orleans 92
– Game 5: Golden State 113, New Orleans 104
Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry carried their team to victory during the 5th game the Warriors played. Combined, these two stars scored 52 points, 13 rebounds and 15 assists combined. Coming in at a close third, Draymond Green was this close to a triple-double, and ended up scoring 19 points, 14 rebounds and doing 9 assists.
When will the next games take place?
If you plan on following this exciting upcoming round, here are the times you’ll need to remember. With amazing teams like these going up against each other for an opportunity to go to the finals, exciting games are ahead. This will be the make-it-or-break-it round, and I’m sure you won’t want to miss any of the games.
All the times are shown in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
To learn of what will happen between the Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers, tune in at these times:
– Game 1: Sun, May 13 at 3:30 pm
– Game 2: Tue, May 15 at 8:30 pm
– Game 3: Sat, May 19 at 8:30 pm
– Game 4: Mon, May 21 at 8:30 pm
– *Game 5: Wed, May 23 at 8:30 pm
– *Game 6: Fri, May 25 at 8:30 pm
– *Game 7: Sun, May 27 at 8:30 pm
If you’re a fan of the Rockets or of the Warriors, these are the dates and time you’ll want to write down:
– Game 1: Mon, May 14 at 9 pm
– Game 2: Wed, May 16 at 9 pm
– Game 3: Sun, May 20 at 8 pm
– Game 4: Tue, May 22 at 9 pm
– *Game 5: Thu, May 24 at 9 pm
– *Game 6: Sat, May 26 at 9 pm
– *Game 7: Mon, May 28 at 9 pm
As always, the asterisk (*) means that those games might not take place if one of the teams has already won four times.
All in all, there is no way we’ll be missed the Conference Finals for anything in the world. We have four incredibly good teams on the Eastern and Western parts of the country fighting for a chance to be in the NBA finals. We think that you should miss anything either! Hopefully this guide will help you navigate the most interesting games.